Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November already

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to get to Melbourne last week for the 'Going Virtual' conference - all about tele-working and virtual teams. Somewhat relevant to TROPIC because we're a virtual team, although it's proving difficult to get much teamwork happening at the moment. Maybe it's me? Or just that there's so much going on... Fourth term is always frantic, and I know there are structural changes happening in institutes as well. We have a videoconference scheduled at the end of this month so hopefully that will spark a bit more activity. In the meantime I probably need to get something happening or assign some sort of task to keep people engaged - or to re-engage them.

I had an email this morning from Bev Childs who is interested in some professional development for teachers around behavior management. I think she is at BNIT now. So the interest is there.

In terms of TNQT, I might write up a summary of where we all are. I could ask the other two institutes to send a summary of what they're up to - maybe a questionnaire will prompt a response.

1 comment:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a beautiful photograph, Martha. TFS. Will be at the 30th Nov VC. Am up to 'here' with programming for next year and still teaching and marking assignments - I have 257 pieces of assessment to mark for this term. I guess that's why I cannot ever reach the bottom of the marking box? Am also doing some Industry Release this term and that is taking a lot of my 'spare' time. See you soon.