Wednesday, April 14, 2010

TROPIC II meeting #2 - reflections

Held during the mid-semester break so not so many people attending. Simon gave an interesting overview of what he has been doing, using Flash Meetings to network with his students.

I think it probably is better to use web tour or application sharing after all, even though it did seem pretty cumbersome at the first meeting. Simon put the link to his meeting recording in the chat window so Meredith and I had a quick look but it might have been more effective for Simon to lead us through it - especially when it comes to viewing the recording. (Note that I forgot to hit the record button until part-way into Simon's presentation!)

I want to spend some time at the next workshop talking through expectations of where we are going with this project because it seems to me people have got very different understandings of that. I have a meeting scheduled with Vivienne today by telephone so we'll discuss that and come up with some strategies for the workshop.

No comments: